Kings Education Trust
Ivingswood Academy is a member of Kings Education Trust we joined the Trust on 1st March 2022.
The Kings Education Trust opened as a MAT (Multi Academy Trust) on February 1st 2018. Our overarching aims are:
- To provide a world class education for current pupils and future generations of children within our local community.
- To work in partnership with other schools, to develop strong and sustainable school leadership
- To accelerate and embed school improvement.
The Kings Education Trust is a VA (Voluntary Aided) MAT but will welcome schools of all categorisations to join the Trust. Each school within the Trust / MAT brings its own individuality and identity. The Trust celebrates the diversity of its schools. Church schools and non-church schools can join the MAT. The only requirement is a collective agreement to work together to promote outstanding education for all our children.
Our plan is to grow the MAT to 6 schools in the next 2 years. Our priority is to ensure that the MAT growth to be local, beneficial and sustainable. We intend to form local partnerships within a close radius of Great Kingshill. Staff, pupils and governors should be able to travel between schools easily.
The Trust will broker project management support during the conversion process and provide additional capacity and support throughout. Having been through the process recently, practical ongoing school-to-school support can be offered at whatever level is required by the joining converter or sponsored academy.
We believe that ‘Together we are stronger.’ The Trust will establish strong collaboration between the schools and school leaders with the aim of mutual support and collaborative strength.
Benefits of joining the Kings Education Trust:
- Increased collaboration between schools for better educational outcomes –
- Outstanding staff from all schools within the MAT can be deployed as required to strengthen teaching and learning across the Trust.
- Retention of outstanding leaders, teachers and support staff. Becoming part of a MAT will enable respected staff to stay employed within the Trust with further opportunities for career development and the opportunity to experience working in different schools.
- Through the annual management account fee set at 5%, financial and other resources can be more effectively deployed.
- We are committed to applying for additional funding through the DfE only available to MATs to benefit all schools in the Trust – leading to a better environment and better equipment for the children.
- Priority for ITT placements to support recruitment and retention
- Future growth and collaboration between schools is inevitable in the current educational climate and the Kings Education Trust is committed to being pro-active in setting a strong pathway which will benefit local schools and pupils.