Vision, aims and Values
Ivingswood Academy is an inclusive school at the heart of our community. We aim to provide a caring and stimulating environment in which all children feel safe, secure and excited to learn. Everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential. Our goal is to develop self-respect and respect for others and our community, creating responsible citizens for the future.
We aim to do this through embedding our school values:
All pupils, whatever their ability, have access to the school's curriculum. Staff must be constantly aware that their own expectations affect the achievement, behaviour and status of each pupil. The curriculum is planned to be balanced, objective and sensitive. We believe close liaison with all families in school is beneficial to all concerned and we aim to understand different experiences, home situations, attitudes and backgrounds.
Our aims are to:
- Raise attainment and achieve maximum academic progress for all of our pupils.
- Challenge and inspire our children to be confident and independent learners through partnership between pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Provide experiences that broaden the children’s horizons and instil a life-long love of learning and pride in personal achievement.
- Develop well rounded, confident young people with lively and enquiring minds.
- Celebrate diversity so that everyone feels empowered, valued and respected.
- Enable pupils to become responsible and environmentally aware global citizens.